Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Thursday Thirteen #3 - What I Did Instead Of Updating My Blog

Wow! Where did the time go? I have not updated this in a while and if I don't do it soon, I will be getting a "friendly" reminder from my sister to update my blog! So I decided to list 13 things I have done besides blogging.

1. I managed to get some cleaning done at the house. Now don't give me too much credit, I said SOME! But hey getting anything done right now is almost a miracle.

2. Work has been crazy busy, so by the time I get home I have not had much energy to get much of anything else done besides the everyday cooking and picking up.

3. Missy is getting ready to start back to school and we registered her for school, got a physical and even managed to get some school clothes and supply shopping done.

4. Nate starts college on Monday, we had some papers that needed to be turned in and several other misc. things so we spent a morning at the college trying to get everything turned in. We also visited the book store and spent over $450 on books.

5. Missy wanted to go spend a few of the last days of summer with her wonderful aunt out in the "country" so after work one evening we drove her out there. I hope she isn't driving her nuts right now. :-)

6. I managed to spend over an hour on the phone with HP about my laptop. I have been having problems with it for a few months, so bad that at times it was just useless. I just hadn't had time to troubleshoot. After some time on the internet I discovered there was a recall. Whooohoo! After spending an hour on the phone with "Bob" who I later found out was somewhere on the other side of the world they agreed to allow me to send it to them and possibly getting it fixed. We shall see.

7. Nate decided he needed a new TV for his room. Well....he decided that after Hubby said he wasn't going to take over our TV any more. We went to Wally World and picked up his TV. He worked this summer and saved up some money so this was his first major appliance purchase. We spent Friday evening putting together his TV stand and hooking everything up.

8. I cleaned out mine and Hubby's dresser's. (How do we get so much crap stuffed in dresser drawers?) Receipts, paper clips, etc. I thought it was supposed to house socks and underwear.

9. Managed to watch some of the Olympics. Let me say Michael Phelps is amazing!

10. Eat dinner.

11. Shower (LOL).

12. Sleep. (Not very much of it, but some).

13. And finally thought of everything that I did over the past week and I just updated my blog, so sis you can't razz me!

Wanna play?
http://www.thursdaythirteen.com/

6 comments:

Lori said...

Sounds like you've been busy...sometimes things just have to wait;) Happy TT.

YellowRose said...

It's about time! J/K Glad to see you post though. As for your daughter driving me nuts...she's working on it! LOL You need to ask her about the butt contest! ROFLOL Love ya!

bernieg1 said...

You are just a busy lady! And pat yourself on the back you are doing a great job. Nice TT update too btw!


You can visit my TT here.

marcia@joyismygoal said...

good for you me too

Denise Patrick said...

Books for college are criminally expensive. My son spends almost $700 a semester on books. Good luck to your son!

Glad you updated your blog, and Happy TT!

MInTheGap said...

You mean there's a life outside of blogging?

My T13 is up at http://www.veggietalesreview.com