Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Thursday Thirteen #4

I have really been behind on keeping up my blog, so I decided I better update or I will be hearing about it. :-) This week I thought I would post the thirteen things I look forward to about fall. Of course it is still about a month and half away for us, boy I can't wait.
1. Relief from this Texas heat. I love walking outside and feeling that brisk air.
2. Making some of my favorite "winter" recipes. Two of my favorite are: Chicken Tortilla Soup and of course Chili.
3. Getting the down comforter out and on the bed. I love it when we have a cool night and you are able to snuggle in under that.
4. Being able to have a fire in the fireplace. We have one in our bedroom and it is so nice to fall asleep to the crackling of firewood.
5. Sweats! I love coming home from work and putting on some comfy sweats.
6. New TV shows! By the time fall gets here I am so tired of reruns.
7. The smell of the heater turning on for the first time.
8. Big comfy slippers. I love slippers and I love for my feet to be warm so I have several pairs, but always have room for more.
9. Sitting in our hot tub on a cool evening with my hubby and a glass of wine.
10. The smell of our chimnea burning on a cool evening.
11. Seeing the leaves starting to change color. (I do hate trying to keep them out of my pool after they fall.)
12. Not having to mow the lawn or do all the yard work anymore!
13. Last but not least, it seems we spend more time together as a family and I love spending time with my family!
Happy Thursday everyone!
Wanna Play?
http://thursdaythirteen.com/

7 comments:

SandyCarlson said...

You paint a beautiful portrait--one I could imagine in Connecticut as well as in Texas! What amazing beauty. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

What a homey time of year. Almost makes up for the cold.

SJ Reidhead said...

I'm getting the urge to make some veggie soup. It's still too warm here in NM, but one of these days...

SJR
the Pink Flamingo
http://thepinkflamingo.blogharbor.com/blog/_archives/2008/9/10/3877228.html

bernieg1 said...

I agree that spending time with the family is the most important time we can spend.

My TT is up here.

YellowRose said...

I can't wait for Fall either! We'll have to have a few chili parties! ;) Any excuse, right? Very nice list!

Julia said...

Well, the only thing I like about fall is the beautiful colors. Otherwise I'm more of a summer-person :)But you make it sound good to me I must admit.

Happy TT and greets
Julia

Clara said...

What a great post. Makes me want to go buy a chimnea. I love a fire outside in the fall.

Happy TT!