Tuesday, July 15, 2008

10 Memorable Vacation Moments

1. I was around 6 and we went to Florida. While at the campground, there was a pond with a ton of ducks in there. My sister and I had so much fun playing with them, that when it was time to leave, my sister helped me to sneak a baby duck in the back seat of the car. We hadn't made it out of the camp ground when the baby duck needed to poop. Let me tell you, it was not a pretty sight and my mom was very unhappy with us. If I recall correctly she could not even help with the cleanup!
2. Visiting my uncle in Texas and going to Astrolworld. Mom wanted to take a picture of us on a METAL horse statue. Mind you it was 100 + degrees in Texas. We had the fakest smiles on our face because our legs were being scalded!! See picture below!

3. We were visiting family in Tennessee and I love horses. My cousin and sister took me out to some land where my cousin had some horses. I wanted to ride one so badly but they had no bridle. Well the "older" girls decided I could ride with an elastic belt that came off one of their shorts and use that as reins. Needless to say that didn't go well and I almost wound up in the pond at the bottom of the hill! (I see a pattern here do you?)

4. On another trip, I believe it was to Tennessee again, big sis and I were going to ride a pony. The saddle was not on tight and when sis went to get on the saddle went sideways and she fell off. (I guess that was paybacks :-)

5. Travelling to Texas and my uncle taking us to the beach. I still can feel the sunburn. They showed us how seagulls would swoop down if you offered them any food. One time while we were there, he was fishing and actually caught a shark.

6. For my grandparents 50th wedding anniversay they took their whole family to Puerta Villarta Mexico. There was over 20 of us and they came as far as Chicago. It was so much fun!!

7. Hubby and I (being poor newlyweds) took a road trip to Corpus Christi. We had more fun on that trip and really didn't do anything special, just spent time together. He started a tradition on that trip. Whenever there is sand he makes a huge (usually 6 or 7 feet long) sand shark sculpture.

8. Hubby and I went with friends to Oklahoma for a week. We rented a cabin on the lake. We spent the week water skiing and just had a wonderful week of relaxation.

9. Our trip with my mom and dad. We went to Cozumel, Mexico for a week. It was wonderful and I really think that help with the kids bonding with their grandparents. We keep saying we really need to do that again, and I hope we do soon!

10. Most recently our trips have were built around Nate's baseball of football. He played in a multi state allstar game (in high school) in Oklahoma and it was a great trip. Even with all the baseball games we did take time to visit the OKC Bombing Memorial and took in many wonderful sights.

Wanna play?

http://www.yanowhatimean.com/tuesday/?p=214

4 comments:

YellowRose said...

Hee hee I used the duck story too...LOL Great memories, we shared some! ;)

Come see mine!

Me said...

I didn't have to scald myself on a metal horse, but I do remember visiting Astroworld and getting tons of mosquito bites.

Loved your vacation vignettes.

Teena in Toronto said...

You've had some fun vacations!

Thanks for stopping by :)

PJD said...

That's a great duckling story! Kids. Can't live with 'em, can't leave 'em behind...