Tuesday, July 29, 2008

'10 Things to Do When It's Too Hot to Go Outside'

This is a very appropriate title since our temperatures have reached 105 the last few days and it appears they will stay there the rest of the week. I love living in Texas, but when the temps get this high I really start to miss living up north.
1. One of our favorite things to do rent movies and have a movie day. We pop popcorn and watch movie after movie. This past weekend we watched a favorite of mine Phenomenon with John Travolta.
2. Go to the movies at the mall. We went to see The Dark Knight and it was awesome!
3. Spend some time at the mall. I went twice this week and it was so nice to be in somewhere cool and be around people. I am a people watcher!
4. Last night we went to dinner and had a wonderful frozen margarita, now that sure helps you cool off. Well until the tequila kicks in and starts making you sweat - right mom?
5. We have a swimming pool and it does help with the heat, but right now it is almost too hot for even that.
6. This is the time of the year I usually will do my "spring" cleaning. Since spring is so short in Texas I usually wait to do my deep cleaning until it is too hot to go outside.
7. I haven't done this one this year, but over the last few years we would make homemade ice cream.
Okay, I thought this one would be easy, but I I only came up with 7. So I will be visiting other bloggers to find out what else we can do!
Happy Tuesday!
Wanna Play?
http://www.yanowhatimean.com/tuesday/?p=216

4 comments:

Kimber said...

Homemade ice cream sounds good! Happy Tuesday!

YellowRose said...

Laughing at #4!! She needs one of those mini fans! LOL

Mine are up!

Joyce said...

Sounds like you know how to stay cool with your 7 suggestions, though. :)

Teena in Toronto said...

I saw "Dark Knight" this afternoon and it was good!

I played too :)